Monday, March 19, 2012

Songs for...

I'm a little obsessive about my iTunes.

Specifically, my playlists.

There are folders. There are categories. There are perfectly crafted soundtracks to parties, meetings, memories, life.

I may have a problem.

There's the normal folders, like "TV", with a dozen hefty playlists of all the songs used on some of my favorite shows. And "Playcounts", with not only my Top 100 played but songs with playcounts of 0, 1, or 2. (A lifelong goal to have no unplayed songs in my iTunes was thwarted a few months ago by the purchase of a new computer.)

My "AA" folder contains the playlists other people have actually heard. Eventually I want to start a business doing music design for weddings and events, but to date I've only done one friend's wedding and a few work events. Baby steps.

My "Life" folder has playlists for each of the last four years. I keep track season by season of my favorite songs, which all eventually end up together in a yearly list. When I'm feeling nostalgic, I simply shuffle this folder and soak up auditory memories.

The next folder is just "Random". The mix I made for my 21st birthday party, titled "Childhood Regression". Three years of Vegas road trip playlists. A California themed soundtrack for sunny days.

Then there's my "Songs for..." folder. First there's songs for now, all the current tunes that get stuck in my head. Then there's...

Songs for screaming.
Songs for sexing.
Songs for sighing.
Songs for singing.
Songs for smiling.
Songs for smoking.
Songs for stillness.
Songs for sweating.

Yeah, I might have a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment