Thursday, October 10, 2013

Organix

If you've been reading this blog for awhile, you may have noticed that I don't have many romantic entanglements that don't start out on the Internet. It's a sign of the times people.

And a sign of my total isolation?


But this past couple of weeks, I have had two suitors that have appeared rather...organically? And it's just NICE. Something about them feels more exciting, somehow. Authentic.

And in addition to that, on Sunday I randomly met a guy out in the world, who seemed to take a liking to me.

WHAT IS GOING ON, UNIVERSE?!

I had a date with Suitor #1 last Thursday, this guy. Yeah, sure he found and messaged me on OkCupid, but I know him. Sorta. Well, I've met him once before. That means he's real!

As for how it was? Well...as he walked me back to my car, he said very plainly, "You know, I have to say I'm really happy with how that went." And when I voiced my agreement, he slipped his hand into mine.

Awww.

He's suuuuper handsome. That's definitely the word for him, handsome. And funny, and smart, and has varied interests, and a lot to say, and he looks at me...in a way that I like. Like he finds me interesting.

We had another date last night, which was even more fun. He picked me up, and we went to a wine bar, and there's mucho chemistry, and we will definitely be seeing each other again.

Boy needs a nickname.

Suitor #2 was on Saturday night. Vegas. YUP.

I texted him last week. You heard right, I grew me some ladyballs and made the first move. Nothing ventured, nothing gained, right? And I really wanted to see him again, so I figured...why not? Worst outcome would be no reply, and I could survive that.

And he actually responded right away, lo and behold. And a few days later, after a little texting back and forth, he asked me out.

WIN.


It went very well! We definitely had fun, or at least, I did. There were grilled cheese sandwiches and cocktails at a little hipster bar, and witty banter and flirting. I teased him for not texting me, and it's clear that he's just a shy little PhD student who didn't know if it was okay to do so, and it's really quite adorable. I like his beard and his little glasses and yeah...he's really fucking cute. I think he likes me but I'm not sure and those little butterflies are deliciously torturous.

He did text me to make sure I got home okay, and he also texted me the next morning too. So...good signs? We've chatted once since then, but he hasn't asked me out again.

We'll see.

Suitor #3 may not really be a suitor...WE'LL SEEEEEE. On Sunday, I went to brunch with the yoga girls, and one of them brought along two of her male friends. One of them has been chatting me up via text and FB for the last couple of weeks, but it was the other one who I hit it off with. After brunch the girls all left and my drunk-on-mimosas self was going to go home and veg, but the boys started a very persistent campaign to get me to come hang out with them at their house in the Valley. I ultimately gave in, and the new guy drove me and my car out to their place. The other guy got...delayed...on the way to the house (I'm shortening up this story for the sake of propriety), which resulted in an afternoon spent with this new boy, who really did seem to fancy me. But when the other guy finally arrived at the house along with a group of his friends, he just...disappeared.

It was weird.

And then I was left to deal with the increasingly obnoxious advances of one of the new people, a tiny little man who was getting all up in my personal space and would not leave me alone. Awkward.



So since I wasn't having fun, I left.

My guy texted me later like, "Where'd you go?"

WHERE'D YOU GO, BUDDY?!

So, I don't know if I'll hear from him, considering I left without saying goodbye, and he didn't seem to like me enough to you know...stick around.

But regardless...I have enough other men on my plate to deal with.

Clearly.

No comments:

Post a Comment